Wednesday, September 19, 2018

10 Fall and End of Year Releases that I Can't Wait to Read


I felt like I did pretty well with my summer must-read list so, I decided to try a fall list as well.

























Are any of these on your list?


  1. The Family Trust; Kathy Wang (“A globe-trotting, whirlwind, tragi-comic family saga that wrings tears from absurdity and laughter from loss.  A joy to read from start to finish.” (Andrew Sean Greer, author of Less, winner of the 2018 Pulitzer Prize)
  2. A Spark of Light; Jodi Picoult (“Page-turning . . . a novel that puts its finger on the very pulse of the nation that we live in today.”—San Francisco Book Review)
     
  3. Unsheltered; Barbara Kingsolver (Unsheltered is the compulsively readable story of two families, in two centuries, who live at the corner of Sixth and Plum in Vineland, New Jersey, navigating what seems to be the end of the world as they know it. With history as their tantalizing canvas, these characters paint a startlingly relevant portrait of life in precarious times when the foundations of the past have failed to prepare us for the future.)
  4. Severance; Ling Ma (Ling Ma’s Severance is a moving family story, a quirky coming-of-adulthood tale, and a hilarious, deadpan satire. Most important, it’s a heartfelt tribute to the connections that drive us to do more than survive.)
  5. How to Be a Good Creature;  a Memoir in Thirteen Animals; Sy Montgomery (How to Be a Good Creature should be required reading. A superbly crafted memoir, this book brims with wonder, empathy, and emotion. It stands as a vivid reminder of the deep and necessary connection we share with all living things.”—Nick Jans, author of A Wolf Called Romeo)
  6. Winter in Paradise; Elin Hildebrand (This exciting first book in the Paradisebseries will transport readers to a new beach locale-another world that Elin knows as well as her beloved Nantucket-and have them longing for winter)
  7. How to Be Alone: If You Want To and Even If You Don't Want To; Lane Moore (How to Be Alone is a must-read for anyone whose childhood still feels unresolved, who spends more time pretending to have friends online than feeling close to anyone in real life, who tries to have genuine, deep conversations in a roomful of people who would rather you not. Above all, it’s a book for anyone who desperately wants to feel less alone, and a little more connected just by reading her words.)
  8. Christmas on Cape Cod; Nan Rossiter (A gripping story of three sisters, of love lost and found and a family’s journey from grief to triumph. A sure winner.)
  9. Night of Miracles; Elizabeth Berg (Night of Miracles, a heartwarming novel that reminds us that the people we come to love are often the ones we don’t expect.)
  10. The Shadows We Hide; Allen Eskens "The Shadows We Hide is a riveting novel about one man's search for his father becomes a perilous journey into a labyrinth of deceit and lies. Eskens vividly renders how small towns try to keep their secrets, and how sometimes they cannot."―--Ron Rash, author of Serena)

30 comments:

  1. Good luck! I want to read almost all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely Unsheltered. This is the first I've seen of Hilderbrand's next winter series... sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Kingsolver will be popular this fall. Hildebrand is a new series, I believe.

      Delete
  3. I put Unsheltered on my wishlist, but I know I won't be getting to it anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice list! I don't know why but the new Jodi Piccoult cover looks very familiar to me--like another bestseller had a similar one. Does anyone else think so? Excited to see that Elizabeth Berg has a new title coming out--her writing is so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the Jodi P. cover does look familiar but, I think a lot of Women's Fiction author's often use those same colors??

      Delete
  5. A Spark of Light would be my first choice but some of the others sound interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got Family Trust the other day. It's a gorgeous cover. I have Unsheltered too. I am waiting eagerly for that Murakami.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like some goodies. Unsheltered looks popular!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I fancy Christmas on Cape Cod. Not just the book either... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many new books by some of my favorite authors! Picoult, Berg, Eskens and Kingsolver. Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diane, none of these are on my list--yet! They are all actually new-to-me. I need to read more about them. Best of luck finishing your To-Read List!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a few of these on my list - Jodi Picolt, Elin Hilderbrand, Nan Rossiter and Elizabeth Berg. They all look great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got my eye on Family Trust! I'm waiting for some others to vet it first, but if I hear good reports I'll definitely jump on it! And I have the Kingsolver on hold at the library!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great list for the next few months!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Diane. Barbara Kingsolver has been on my radar ever since I read The Poisonwood Bible. I too have her new book on hold at the Library.
    I’m really enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many goodies! How To Be Alone looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.