Blogging about books for over 10 years now, I no longer join lots of reading challenges like I did early on, with the exception of the fall RIP Challenge that I've done every year since 2008. I do, however, like to make some tentative lists in a new journal that keeps me somewhat on track during the year.
For 2019 here's my plans thus far:
- Read or listen to at least 100 books (2) per week is more than doable being retired.
- Read 4 (min) Classics (2) by Dickens
- Read 25 books (min) from my shelves (sounds easy but it's always a challenge for me)
- Read 10 eGalleys from 2018 or earlier(catching up on downloads)
- Read 4-6 Summer Themed Books between Memorial Day and Labor Day)
- Read 4 mysteries or thrillers for the RIP Challenge in Fall
- Read 4 Christmas or holiday themed books in December
- Continue my library book group (January's pick is Women in the Castle; Jessica Shattuck)
- Join an online monthly read group (can you suggest some online group you enjoy?)
Current Reads - First Books of 2019 (in progress)
Do you have any plans in mind for 2019 reading?