Tuesday, July 30, 2019

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Speaking of Summer ; Kalisha Buckhanon


On Tuesdays, Vicki, ( I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where readers post the opening paragraph (or 2 ) of a book they are reading or that they plan to read.

 Speaking of Summer ; Kalisha Buckhanon
Counterpoint - 2019

PROLOGUE

"I was the nice-looking, well-dressed woman running down 151st Street in Harlem after school and before evening rush hour on a bright day at the end of August in 2015.

If you saw me with my purse half-open and my balance tested more than once, you were wrong to laugh and right to be alarmed."

What do you think, read more or pass?

8 comments:

  1. I would probably keep reading. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like it's going to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would read more. Why is she unbalanced? Why is she in a hurry? Is she running to or from something. I look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd keep reading, I want to know why she is in such a hurry and why she is unbalanced.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes. I want to know why I'd be right to be alarmed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd keep reading to figure out what is going on. I'm curious why we should be alarmed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd definitely want to know what was wrong with her! Lovely cover, too.

    Here's my Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.