Tuesday, September 17, 2019

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - The Dearly Beloved; Cara Wall


Each Tuesday, Vicki, from I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where readers post the opening paragraph(s) of a book that they are reading or plan to read.


The Dearly Beloved; Cara Wall
Simon & Schuster - 2019

PROLOGUE

"On the day Charles Barrett died, James MacNally closed the door to his study, sat down in his chair, and laid his head on the thick edge of his desk so he could weep.  His wife, Nan, did not knock to be let in, though his rough, heavy sobs hit her like stones. She knew Jame's own death would wring the same sounds from her, if he went first and her adrift in the world, unmoored."

I'm really enjoy this one and so happy that Kathy @ BermudaOnion's Blog raved about it.  What do you think?

17 comments:

  1. I think I'd like this book - want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have liked to read more but sadly its just archived on Netgalley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think there was much there so one paragraph was enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to read this book. Glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got this one on my Kindle and plan to read it at some point. Glad to hear that it's working well for you so far, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good, such a sad beginning always makes me wonder what happened...


    Here's my Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What emotionally captivating lines! Now I want to enter the world of these characters. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE NANNY”

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a really good book. I'll have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read this one and really enjoyed it! The book is more about friendship than religion for those people worried about it having two ministers in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the audio of this book and plan to start it this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to read this book, equipped with a box of tissues. Thanks for sharing the intro, Diane. :)

      Delete
  12. Oh, yes. This sounds very appealing to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.