Tuesday, September 24, 2019

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Someone We Know; Shari Lapena


Each Tuesday, Vicki, from I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where readers post the opening paragraph(s) of a book that they are reading or plan to read.

Someone We Know; Shari Lapena
Pamela Dorman Books - 2019

PROLOGUE

Friday, September 29

"She's standing in the kitchen, looking out the large back windows. She turns towards me--there's a swing of thick brown hair--and I see the confusion and then the sudden fear in her wide brown eyes.   She has registered the situation, the danger.  Our eyes lock.  She looks like a beautiful, frightened animal.  But, I don't care. I feel a rush of emotion--pure, uncontrolled rage; I don't feel any pity for her at all.

We're both aware of the hammer in my hand. Time seems to slow down. It must be happening quickly, but it doesn't't feel that way. Her mouth opens, about to form words. But I'm not interested in what she has to say. Or maybe she was going to scream."

I haven't started this one yet (a favorite author), but I love the intro - how about you, would you read more?  

6 comments:

  1. I'd definitely read more. This author is a favorite of mine too and I've got this one tucked away for a treat in upcoming weeks. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy! That opening is quite an attention grabber. I'll be on the look out for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It could have been better if she had a name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would keep reading. I want to know what's going on and why.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty sure something awful is about to happen! Scary!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.