Tuesday, July 14, 2020

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - A Little Bit of Grace; Phoebe Fox


Welcome to First Chapter/Intros, now hosted by Yvonne @ Socrates Book Reviews. Each week readers post the first paragraph (or 2) of a book they are reading or that they plan to read soon.

Berkley - 2020

One

"My mother used to say that when she read me bedtime stories, my favorite time of the evening because I finally had her all to myself, I would stop her midway through and tell her what was going to happen to the characters whose lives she was spinning for me.  The stories I guessed correctly I had her read to me over and over.  The few that I couldn't I put in the back of the bookshelf never to come off it again."

I've been in a bit of a reading slump for about a week now, reading a chapter here and there but nothing has thrilled me. I liked the sound of this intro and so I hope it will be a winner.

What do you think. Read more or pass?

12 comments:

  1. This one does sound good, and the author is new to me. Worth investigating! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd keep reading, it reminds me of myself when my mom and sisters would read to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read it and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading about reading sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does sound nice, hope this gets you out of your reading slump!

    Happy Tuesday! Here's my Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been in a reading slump lately too. I hope this helps yours. It sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like it would be a good summer read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun...I already love the narrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been reading "bedtime stories" to myself lately. I went through a book of Irish folk and fairy tales. Now I am reading Norse tales. So, I could relate to this girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like just the book to help you out of your reading slump!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I hate it when I go through a reading slump. Hope this one turns up to be a good read for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.