Tuesday, August 4, 2020

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Anxious People; Fredrik Backman


Welcome to First Chapter/Intros, now hosted by Yvonne @ Socrates Book Reviews. Each week readers post the first paragraph (or 2) of a book they are reading or that they plan to read soon.

Anxious People; Fredrik Backman
Atria - 2020

1

"A bank robbery. A hostage drama. A stairwell full of police officers on their way to storm an apartment.  It was easy to get to this point, much easier than you might think.  All it took was one single really bad idea.
                                                                    ...
This story is about a lot of things, but mostly about idiots.  So it needs saying from the outset that it's always very easy to declare that other people are idiots, but only if you forget how idiotically difficult being human is.  Especially if you have other people you are trying to be a reasonably good human being for."

I've enjoy quite a few books by this author so couldn't wait to preview this one which will be released in September of 2020. Would you read more or pass based on the intro?

 (eGalley provided by Edelweiss)

12 comments:

  1. I have had my eye on this one. I've only read one of his books, A Man Called Ove, but have another one (about the grandmother) languishing on my Kindle.

    I do want to read it! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd read some more to find out the rest of the bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "All it took was one single really bad idea." What a great hook! Oh, yes, I'd keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is on my to-read list. I've read some of his other books and like his writing style. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like this good be a good one. I'd want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of his books but I've wanted to try one. Check out the book we are featuring at Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I pre-ordered it from Audible and plan to start listening to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing this, Diane. I'd read more. I watched the movie A Man Called Ove a while ago--it was excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still have a couple of his books to read, but this one is definitely on my radar. Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the opening! And I've enjoyed this author in the past too. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great opening. I have not read this author although I did see the film version of A Man Called Ove and that was wonderful. Hope this is going to be a winner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.