Tuesday, May 11, 2021

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - The Nightingale; Kristin Hannah


Welcome to First Chapter/Intros, now hosted by Yvonne @ Socrates Book ReviewsEach week readers post the first paragraph (or 2) of a book they are reading or that they plan to read soon. 

The Nightingale; Kristin Hannah
St. Martin's Griffin - 2015

One

April 9, 1995
The Oregon Coast

"If I have learned anything in this long life of mine, it is this: In love we find out who we want to be; in war we find out who we are.  Today's young people want to know everything about everyone.  They think talking about a problem will solve it.  I come from a quieter generation. We understand the value of forgetting, the lure of reinvention."

(I'm late reading this one, it seems everyone has read it and enjoyed it. It's 596 pp. but so far I'm happy and I think the writing is beautiful.)

Have you read this one? What do you think of the intro?

16 comments:

  1. I read this a while ago. Good book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I waited a long time to read it and so many have recommended it. I am enjoying it a lot.

      Delete
  2. I LOVED this book, and now I am wanting to read it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a good story, not sure why I waited so many years? Perhaps because it's nearly 600 PP but, once you start it's hard to put down. I'm about 1/3 into it so far and really love it.

      Delete
  3. I resisted reading it for so long, but I was talked into reading this by my sister, and I'm glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound really good, we'd like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems like I've seen this one around forever, but I still haven't read it. I like this beginning a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first paragraph really grabs you. The only book of hers I've read is Firefly Lane and I was so put off by it that I have hesitated to read any others, but perhaps I'll get over my prejudice and pick this one up at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would definitely keep reading because I love this author. I'm behind on her books though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Readers are still loving this book and I will eventually get around to reading it myself--so you're not the last to start it. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't yet read this one but really want to someday. The size is a bit intimidating. One of these days! I hope you are enjoying it, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you'll enjoy this one. I really think this is a good Kristin Hannah starter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved it! I just reread my review (here) and now I want to read the book again. Maybe I should try the audio for my second reading. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was just talking about this book today with someone who said this was their favorite book! It sounds amazing though a little too heartbreaking for me right now. It's definitely on my To Read Later list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a wonderful intro. This book is still on my TBR! I've heard nothing but great things about this one so I hope you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes. It is worthing taking the plunge back to those scary WWII days ... and the movie is due in 2022.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.