Tuesday, May 25, 2021

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intro - What Comes After; JoAnne Tompkins


Welcome to First Chapter/Intros, now hosted by Yvonne @ Socrates Book Reviews
Each week readers post the first paragraph (or 2) of a book they are reading or plan to read soon.

 What Comes After; JoAnne Tompkins
Penguin Audio - 2021
1

First, the raw facts.

A week into his senior year, my son failed to come home after football practice. When he hadn't appeared by morning, I called Daniel's mother Katherine. She walked off her nursing shift, drove six hours from Spokane and boarded a ferry to Port Furlong.  By the time she was pulling up my drive, Gary Barton, the sheriff, was pulling out.  I had contacted him when calls to friends and relations turned up nothing.  Gary a gruff, efficient man, had, in the span of a few hours, recruited and organized two dozen people to start a search.

This one was released in May and has been on my radar for a while. Hoping that I'll going to like it.

What do you think, read more of pass.

26 comments:

  1. I love this kind of story! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, can't wait to see where it's headed, I'm at about the 50% point today.

      Delete
  2. It starts well. Anyone who likes a thriller would like it, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am planning to read this book myself, so I say keep going. I hope we both end up liking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, it's very good so far, I'm curious to see where it's headed.

      Delete
  4. This one's on my list! That opening paragraph has me very curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, so far so good - the overall descrition made me curious.

      Delete
  5. I'd definitely keep reading, I want to know what happened!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read this one. I placed a hold at the library yesterday, and now the wait begins. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catherine, I hope your hold comes up quickly. My requests seem to be taking longer lately.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a good one. The intro grabbed my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a pretty intriguing opening, I'd read more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh I'm hooked already! Let me know how this goes for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had heard a bit about this one and it does seem like it would keep the reader wanting more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The overall description really appealed to my many moods LOL.

      Delete
  11. I've also seen this one and I am just as interest in it! Keep reading for sure and tell us more!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elza, I will be sure to post a brief review when I finish.

      Delete
  12. Great beginning! I do wish it wasn't a kid because I don't do well with kids in peril right now but if this was a husband who didn't come home from work I'd be ordering it right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand Katherine, somedays it's easier to think about life without a spouse than life without your child:)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.