Tuesday, June 26, 2018

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - The Waiting Room; Emily Bleeker



Each Tuesday, Vicki, from I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where  readers post the opening paragraph (sometime two) of a book that they are reading or plan to read. Here's my current eBook:

The Waiting Room; Emily Bleeker
Lake Union Press - 2018

Chapter One

"Nick, the baby is crying again." Veronica half turned over in her bed and slapped to the left, trying to wake her husband. "Nick," she called again, this time a little louder.

The room was dark, and colder than usual for November in North Carolina.  Half-awake, she sat up and checked the alarm clock on her side of the bed, her e-book reader falling to the floor with a thump. 12:23a.m. Her eyes burned, and the invisible arms of sleep pulled her back toward the bed.  She patted his spot just in case her eyes deceived her.  The bed was cold and empty.  Where the hell was he?

What are your thoughts about the intro?  I'm at the 70% mark on my Kindle and I'm still not sure what to make of Veronica.

36 comments:

  1. This sure sounds tempting to me! Can't wait to hear what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the sound of this one! Thanks for sharing, and now I want to know more. Here's mine: “BELIEVE ME”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those that makes you want to read "just one more chapter" LOL

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure what I think .I'm curious so I would probably read for a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was pretty interesting, I'd read more to see what was going on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this opening, and I definitely want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds good to me! I'm certainly intrigued by the opening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll look forward to your review when you've finished the book. It does sound interesting. Here's the link to my FCFP and TTT: https://wp.me/p4DMf0-1DO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Somehow it reminds me of other books and not of something original. I would probably pass.

    ReplyDelete
  9. With that opening, I would have to continue. Haven't heard of this book before, so now I'm really curious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The opening draws me in. Where's Nick? I'd read more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have noticed this one and wondered about it. Sounds like one I'd keep reading. Trying to think if I've read anything else by the author. I've definitely seen her books.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well that's an opener that grabs you - where is he? I'd love to know.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great hook! I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds intriguing! I like the prompt for this series--posting the first paragraph. Will be curious to hear what you think of the whole book when you've finished reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First Paragraphs and First Chapters are important to me in deciding whether I want to read or move on.

      Delete
  15. I read this. Suspense and mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The intro did it job by pulling me in, wanting to know where Nick went.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well, that opener certainly got my attention! I want to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd definitely keep reading. I want to know where he is too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.