I'm actually happy to say goodbye to May. The only good thing about it was that I found a lot of time to read. My right knee suddenly began hurting the beginning of May and I finally had to go to a specialist the middle of the month - X-rays showed moderate patellofemoral osteoarthritis. prescription arthritis drugs didn't work with swelling or pain so, I finally went back 2 weeks later for a cortisone shot (5 days ago). Slight relief until I had a PT session on Friday and, I literally, could not walk out of the office without borrowing a cane afterwards. I was in so much pain. I haven't done the at home exercises as knee is still painful. I'm beginning to wonder whether I have another meniscus tear like I had in same knee about 15 years ago? On a positive note, as I got out of bed this morning, there was very little swelling so I'm hoping progress is being made. F/up Wednesday.
It's been kind of hot and humid this past week but, really nice today.
I didn't watch much television last week, instead spending most of the week with my feet up reading or playing games on computer. We did watch Double Indemnity, a movie from 1944, after having finished the book.
Exercise and other highlights…
No highlights/no exercise because of my knee pain.
Today’s To Do List…
Finishing up - If it Bleeds, Stephen King (it's pretty good).
I actually ordered a cane to have on hand as I have to return the one I borrowed on Wednesday. I didn't need it yesterday but, just in case. Exciting huh? (peacock pattern).
May Reads- (13) Books (47-YTD) - (3) kids, (2) NF, (8) fiction. Of these (3) were 5 star reads for me.
Fave Books of May
- Kaia and the Bees; M. Boelts - 5/5 (print/May)
- The Nest that Wren Built; Sosenshine - 5/5 (print/May)
- Hike; Oswald - 4.5/5 - (print/May) - 4.5/5 (print/May)
- The Dilemma; B.A. Paris - 2.5/5 (eGalley/May)
- Wild Game; Adrienne Brodeur - NF - 4/5 (eGalley/May)
- Brother and Sister; Diane Keaton - 2/5 -(NF/Audio/May)
- Olive Kitteridge; Elizabeth Strout - 5/5 (reread/audio/May)
- My Dark Vanessa; Kate Elizabeth Russell - 5/5 - (eGalley/May)
- Redhead By the Side of the Road; Anne Tyler - 3.5/5 (audio/May)
- The Sun Down Motel; Simone St. James - 5/5 - (eGalley/May)
- Double Indemnity; James M. Cain - 4.5/5 (print/May)
- All Adults Here; Emma Straub - 4/5 - (audio/May)
- If it Bleeds; Stephen King (audio - should finish today)
Reading Plans for June (so far)
- A Week at the Shore; Barbara Delinsky (finish/in progress)
- The New Husband; D.J. Palmer
- Tomorrow There Will Be Sun; Dana Reinhardt
- Malice Aforethought; Francis Isles
How did your week go? Any favorite reads?