I'm in an official reading slump, I have 3 reviews to write, I've started about 5 books and I when I sit down to read, I seem to grab my iPhone after reading a few pages and play Scrabble or surf websites instead. I'm going to try some non fiction next to see if that helps (it has in the past).
Of course, there may be a very good reason I'm a bit preoccupied ----
Yes, I gave my notice, it's official, I'm Retiring in July, and have just about 30 work days left. Can't wait. I've been dreaming about retirement since I was 35, and always new I would retire a bit early while I could still enjoy life. I've had (2) exciting careers, human resource management (20 years) and libraries (13 years), however, I always enjoyed NOT working days most of all. The countdown is on.
Of course, the slump hasn't stopped me from accumulating a few more books (hey, some day I hope to feel like reading once again). What is your remedy for getting your reading mojo back?
Here's the new books that arrived by mail recently.
- The Wasp Factory; Iain Banks (Simon & Schuster) - purchase
- Three Women in a Mirror; -Emmanuel Schmitt (Europa Edition) (purchase)
- Grapes of Wrath - 75th Anniversary Edition (Viking) (paperbackswap)
- Hair of the Dog; Susan Slater (Poison Pen Press)
- Rupture; Simon Leleic (Picador) (purchase)
- The Girl in the Polka-Dot-Dress; Beryl Bainbridge (Europa Rdition) (purchase)
- Radiant Angel; Nelson DeMille (Hachette Audio)
- Memory Man; David Baldacci (Hachette Audio)
Sunday Plans - Today we are off to my son and DIL's house for a cookout. All (3) little granddaughters will be together as well --fun day. Hoping everyone has a lovely day.