"yes, May is over already!"
How was your month? I had a decent May -- (10) books: (5) audio books, (3) eBooks and (2) review copies. That makes (59) for 2012, so right on track for my goal of (125).
I still haven't reviewed Home; Toni Morrison. It's a short novella, I liked it a lot, but just haven't put my thoughts into words yet. Neighborhood Watch was an audio book I listen to and liked. Parts sounded familiar, and guess what I actually read this in hardcover and found I reviewed it as well when it was first released a couple of years ago....LOL. It's a psychological thriller that will keep you guessing. The audio edition was read by Coleen Marlo who did a great job.
- Blue Monday; Nicci French - 3/5 (eGalley)
- Carry the One; Carol Anshaw - 4/5 (ARC/audio)
- The Replacement Wife; Eileen Goudge - 4/5 (eBook)
- Say You're One of Them; Uwem Akpan - 4.5/5 (audio)
- Bringing Up Bebe; Pamala Druckerman - 5/5 (audio)
- Home; Toni Morrison - 4.5/5 (eBook) - no review yet
- The Gingerbread Girl; Stephen King - 3.5/5 (audio)
- The Art of Hearing Heartbeats; Jan-Philipps Sendker 4.5/5 (eBook)
- The Land of Decoration; Grace McCleen - 5/5 (ARC)
- Neighborhood Watch; Cammie McGovern 4/5 -( audio)
- Beginning The Stand-a-Long group read - June 1 - July 27 hosted by Trish - over 25 readers are planning to join in. Interested in reading Stephen King's, The Stand -- join in the fun. This will also enable me to finish The Stephen King Challenge, assuming I complete this one.
- Plan to read a few books off my summer 2012 list. (In progress, The Spectator Bird; Wallace Stegner and next up --possibly, Raising Hope; Katie Willard.
- Plan to read at least (3) June releases: The Red House;Mark Haddon, Beautiful Ruins; Jess Walter and Heading Out to Wonderful; Robert Goolrick .
- Trip to NYC - mid-month
- Take a few vacation days and relax
Hope June is a great month for all of you.