Hello Reader Friends,
Everything about this month seemed different. Our COVID numbers once excellent have gotten worse, yes we are one of the red states once again. So far we have managed to keep the virus away from us and loved ones, by avoiding unnecessary risks. I was surprised to visit one doctor this week that had the strongest protocol yet. Ring a doorbell to enter waiting room, place a second mask over my personal mask, temperature check, wash hands with antibacterial soap and then proceed into first exam room. No other patients in this small office practice - just staff.
Our Thanksgiving was different even though I tried to make the meal a traditional one. I can't lie, I felt sad not having the kids and grandkids here. After dinner we watched the first Christmas movie for 2020 - ELF, Will Ferrell makes me smile - just love this movie, so it helped cheer me up. Most of the gifts I've ordered on line have arrived and I'm happy that I only have a few smaller things and gift cards to finish up our shopping. I'm hoping we get a warm December day to maybe have the family over for hot chocolate and Christmas cookies outdoors or in garage with masks on if necessary.
How are you planning on celebrating Christmas?
- A Polar Bear in the Snow; Mac Barnett (Ill. Shawn Harris) - 4.5/5 - (print/Nov)
- Nursing Homes are Murder - Mike Befeler - 3.5/5 (Nov)
- Don't Look for Me; Wendy Walker - 4.5/5 (combo - audio/eGalley/Nov)
- Summer Longing; Jamie Brenner - 4.5/5 (library/Nov)
- The Talented Miss Farwell; Emily Gray Tedrowe - 4/5 (eGalley/Nov)
- The Christmas Table; Donna Vanliere - 4/5 (eGalley/Nov)
- Snowflakes (Book 1-Hush Series); Ruth Ware - 3/5 (eBook/Nov)
- Treasure; O. Braithwaite (Book 2 Hush series) - 4/5 (eBook/Nov)
- Greenlights (Memoir); Matthew McConaughey - 2/5 (audio/Nov)
- Troubles in Paradise; Elin Hilderbrand - 2/5 (print/library/Nov)
- Good, Morning Monster: A Therapist Shares Five Heroic Stories of Emotional Recovery; Catherine Gildiner - NF - 4/5 - (eGalley/Nov)
- The Wrong Kind of Woman; Sarah McCraw Crow - 3.5/5 (eGalley/Nov)
- The Undoing; Jean Hanff Korelitz - 4/5 - (eBook/Nov)
- Finish a few reviews from November
- catch up on some lovely children's books
- 2 Christmas Reads
- 2-4 Christmas movies
- Hamnet - Maggie O'Farrell
- (finish): A Promised Land, Barack Obama
- (finish): Amazon Prime Hush series - novellas - 3 more to go)