Thursday, May 31, 2012

May in Review

"yes, May is over already!"

How was your month?   I had a decent May -- (10) books: (5) audio books, (3) eBooks and (2) review copies.  That makes (59) for 2012, so right on track for my goal of (125).

I still haven't reviewed Home; Toni Morrison. It's a short novella, I liked it a lot, but just haven't put my thoughts into words yet.  Neighborhood Watch was an audio book I listen to and liked. Parts sounded familiar, and guess what I actually read this in hardcover and found I reviewed it as well when it was first released a couple of years ago....LOL.  It's a psychological thriller that will keep you guessing. The audio edition was read by Coleen Marlo who did a great job.

  1. Blue Monday; Nicci French - 3/5 (eGalley) 
  2. Carry the One; Carol Anshaw - 4/5 (ARC/audio)
  3. The Replacement Wife; Eileen Goudge - 4/5 (eBook)
  4. Say You're One of Them; Uwem Akpan - 4.5/5 (audio)
  5. Bringing Up Bebe; Pamala Druckerman - 5/5 (audio)
  6. Home; Toni Morrison - 4.5/5 (eBook) - no review yet
  7. The Gingerbread Girl; Stephen King - 3.5/5 (audio)
  8. The Art of Hearing Heartbeats; Jan-Philipps Sendker  4.5/5 (eBook)
  9. The Land of Decoration; Grace McCleen - 5/5 (ARC)
  10. Neighborhood Watch; Cammie McGovern  4/5 -( audio) 
I also have a great audio book going:  Monday Mornings; Sanjay Gupta (audio). I also have a few kids books reviews to do as well.

June Plans
Hope June is a great month for all of you.

7 comments:

  1. May wrapped up beautifully for you!! I love your goals for June....good luck with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your May was highly successful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Say You're One of Them too. Happy June reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is May over already? Great reading month for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so need to get to Carry the One -- I've heard it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe its June already - glad you had a great month!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  7. you call that decent? I call it awesome, and you managed to post all your reviews. I'm so bad at that. here is my wrap up: http://wordsandpeace.com/2012/06/02/march-april-may-wrap-up/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.