Thursday, September 18, 2008

145 - Damage Control; J.A. Jance

Damage Control, by J.A. Jance is book # 13 in the Joanna Brady series. Although I have read a few of Jance's mysteries and enjoyed them, I have not read a lot of books in this series.

HarperCollins Short Review

An intruder is murdered. An elderly couple runs their car off a cliff while holding hands. A trailer fire kills a man. Skeletal remains are found in a plastic bag. A quiet weekend in Cochise County, Arizona is a thing of the past. “Damage Control” combines suicide, murder, and mayhem--with revelations concerning Sheriff Joanna Brady’s personal life--in a rousing mystery sure to keep you turning the pages far into the night.

Well, long story short, this book did not have me turning pages long into the night. I did enjoy parts of it very much, but after a great start, the book slowed to a turtle's pace, and I began to lose interest. I am glad I finished the book, but all in all I found this one to be just a so so read.

RATING - 3/5 - COMPLETED - 9/17/08

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)