Monday, January 12, 2009

7 - Kiss; Ted Dekker and Erin Healy












Excerpt

Let me tell you all I know for sure. My name. Shauna.
I woke up in a hospital bed missing six months of my memory. In the room was my loving boyfriend-how could I have forgotten him?-my uncle and my abusive stepmother. Everyone blames me for the tragic car accident that left me near death and my dear brother brain damaged. But what they say can’t be true-can it?
I believe the medicine is doing strange things to my memory. I’m unsure who I can trust and who I should run from. And I’m starting to remember things I’ve never known. Things not about me. I think I’m going crazy.
And even worse, I think they want to kill me.
But who? And for what? Is dying for the truth really better than living with a lie?

This story has a lot of twists and turns that will have you guessing until the end, and asking yourself: What really happened to Shauna, and who is on her side???

Ted Dekker is a "new to me author". He is known for writing Christian Fiction, which I generally do not read, but this novel was a psychological thriller so I decided to give it a try. I was not disappointed. I read this book in one day; a page turner about redemption and good versus evil.

RATING - 4.5/5 - COMPLETED - 1/11/09
WHERE FROM : Library


1 comment:

  1. Another wow! This is one of the ones I mentioned having in my TBR pile. I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.