Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday Teasers - January 20, 2009

Tuesday Teasers is hosted by Should Be Reading.




TEASER TUESDAYS
asks you to:
  • Grab your current read.
  • Let the book fall open to a random page.
  • Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
  • You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
  • Please avoid spoilers!
My teasers are from - Beat the Reaper, by Josh Bazell - which I finished this morning
Teaser # 1 - Barry adopted me to keep Child Protective Services off my back, but it was easy to convince him to let me stay in my grandparent's house. At fouteen I was physically enormous and had the mannerisms of an elderly Polish Jewish doctor.


Teaser # 2 - "The anesthesiologist gives Squillante an opening salvo through one of his IVs. A mix of painkiller, paralytic, and amnestic. The amnestic is in case the paralytic works but the painkiller doesn', and Squillante spends the whole operation conscious but unable to move. At least he won't be able to sue."

3 comments:

  1. Oh - I love that you gave two teasers! it gives a better look at the book. . . Here's my Teaser!

    ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, your 2nd teaser sounds so frightening!

    My uncle had an operation on his eye where they actually removed the eye from the socket and he remained fully conscious. I nearly fainted just listening to him talk about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to get my hands on Beat the Reaper. It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.