Saturday, February 14, 2009

This Week in Books

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

I was surprised when UPS delivered a package from Simon & Schuster containing (3) ARCS:
I also picked up a few books for 50 cents each at the on going book sale at the library:
I finished (4) books this week:
  • The Seamstress of Hollywood Boulevard; McGraw - 4/5
  • Grammar Girl's Quick and Dirty Tips for Better Writing; Fogarty - 5/5
  • Food Matters; Bittman - 4/5
  • The Story of Forgetting; Block - 4.5/5
I hope you had a good week too.

8 comments:

  1. I envy you the Still Alice. I think I requested that one recently from somewhere (that is what I get for not keeping up the ARC request Excel sheet that I used to use) and hopefully I will still get it. It looks very interesting and look forward to seeing some reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day to you too! What a nice stack of books...way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of these, so I'm looking forward to your reviews. Happy reading!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous of Still Alice and The Book of Unholy Mischief. I asked for an ARC of the latter, but didn't get it. Can't wait for your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentine's Day! How do you manage to read so many books ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's too funny. I just left you a comment about 'Shantaram' and there you are, already bought it. You will love this book. It is absolutely amazing. I read it five years ago and still remember every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to look up that Grammar Girls book. You gave it a 5 so hopefully it'll be helpful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some good books there! I liked The Monsters of Templeton, especially the last chapter.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thank again for visiting.

(I apologize for the word verification, spammers spoil it for all sadly.)