Well, this week I was on a high for sure, especially when I received the call to say I got the library job that I was hoping for (start date - March 29). The benefits are terrific too, and they take effect April 1st which shocked me....woot! But you have to take the good news with the bad right, well then yesterday we got a scary looking IRS envelope, and for the bad news....they found an omission on our 2008 tax filing. We owe them an addition $697.00 --gezz.....didn't they get enough from us (apparently not).
Monday is my daughter's birthday, and we celebrated yesterday. The traditional birthday fare: pizza, salad, and pistachio cake. (Yes, we did do this last month for my husband and SIL).
It was in the low 70's for (4) days this week, but us New Englanders know not to get too excited about stuff like this -- it's suppose to be in the 40's again a few days next week.
How was your week in books? Mine was okay, but I did not really stick to my reading plans...THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM. It was one of the mood reading weeks. Here's what it looked like:
Books Completed This Week
- Wench; Perkins-Valdez (4.5/5)
- A Gate at the Stairs; Moore - (1/5)
- The Mayo Clinic Diet (no review yet)
- Waiting for Columbus; Trofimuk (audio - no review yet)
Tentative Wishful Reading Plans for This Week
- House Rules; Jodi Picoult (continue reading)
- The Language of Secrets; Dixon (continue reading)
- Imperfect Birds; Anne Lamott
NEW RESOLUTION: I decided that I am only going to use the library for audio books and DVDs. I have way too many of my own books (just realized that). I love copying audio books into ITUNES for future IPOD listening pleasure. This week's audio books: House Rules; Picoult - The Wild Zone; Fielding and Hot House Flower and the Nine Plants of Desire; Berwin.
What is on your agenda for today? It's suppose to rain so maybe a movie or just catch up on some reviews, read. Hope you have a great day and week. Oh and before I forget.........
Thanks for my Lovely Awards this week.
- Dr. Bill has sent along the One Lovely Blog Award this week.
- Amanda has sent me the Sunshine Award - have you seen her blog, it's great.
- Jan has gifted me the Honest Scrap Award (For this award I have to share ten honest things about myself)
and then pass this award to ten other bloggers. Not today)
So here are my ten honest things:
- I love gadgets: iPhone, Kindle, iPod, netbook
- Aruba is my favorite place to vacation - the weather is ALWAYS perfect.
- My son and daughter make me proud; they are the best (aw hell -- so is my husband, now that I think about it):
- My husband is very smart, but is directionally challenged. He could get lost within miles of home.
- I have this thing for pristine books (yes, a bit of a book snob here).
- I've made peace with the fact that I have about (15) review books from 2009 that I will never read, because I know now I would not enjoy the book. I am super choosy now about what I choose to review.
- I snore (I once had a husband who tape recorded me to prove it) -- ex-husband now!
likelove poker slot machines , but we only visit the casino 2-3 times a year. I've won way more money than I've lost. My last visit was for my December birthday and I won $1,000..... AKA "Lucky".
- I use to be a clothes addict; now I am a book addict and computer addict (better choices - but still an addict - the word moderation is not in my vocabulary).
- I could watch the same episodes of Seinfeld, Frasier, King of Queens and Golden Girls over and over again, and can quote them just about word for word.