Monday, January 31, 2011

January Reading Wrap Up and February Reading Plans


At least for me, January came and went before I knew it.  Preoccupied with my SIL's surgery and recovery, the month has ended with me reading (6) less books than I did in January of 2010.  Despite that, I still managed to read (10) books, and for the most part, I really liked the ones that I chose.  Here is a list to what I read and links to my reviews.
  1. The Convent; Panos Karnezis - 4/5
  2. The Lake of Dreams; Kim Edwards - 4/5 (review book)
  3. I Still Dream About You; Fannie Flagg - 4/5 (review book)
  4. A Dog's Purpose; W. Bruce Cameron - 4.5/5
  5. The Tiger: A True Story of Vengeance and Survival; John Vaillant - 4/5 (audio)
  6. How To Read the Air; Dinaw Mengestu - 4.5/5
  7. Sunset Park; Paul Auster - 3.5/5 (audio) (review book)
  8. The School of Essential Ingredients; Erica Bauermeister - 4.5/5 (audio)
  9. The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer; Mukherjee - 5/5 (eBook)
  10. Snow Play; Ralston - 5/5
January Stats

Challenge Progress
  • 100+ Reading Challenge - 10/100
  • Reading From My Shelves Project - 4/50
  • Audio Book Challenge - 3/20
  • eBook Challenge - 1/20
  • Prepare to Be Shocked (Books Purchases and $$ spent in 2011) - 2 books - $13.08
February Reading Plans
 Possible Contenders

 Others plans are:


Hope you enjoyed your January reads!

22 comments:

  1. Great job on 10 books, even if it is less than your norm :) Hope you have a great February!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan on reading Sing You Home next month (tomorrow) too. Look forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your year is off to a wonderful start, reading-wise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your January was fantastic!! I loved how you wrapped this month up!!

    Here's to a great February!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a busy month and what a great collection of reads.

    Eyeing your books hmmmm very envious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this wrap-up format! In fact, just earlier today I drafted my post for tomorrow in a similar style. It looks like you read a lot of good things in January, and have a nice selection to choose from for February!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10 books is still a lot in my book! I always enjoy reading your wrap up posts Diane.

    Hope your SIL is doing ok.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved loved LOVED The School of Essential Ingredients!! I have been waiting for the author's next novel ever since. I have Left Neglected in my Feb. reading stack too. Sing You Home is one of my most anticipated reads for 2011. I'll have to to keep an eye out for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You had a great reading month with mostly 4+ books! A Northern Light is really good! January did go so fast! I hope your SIL is healing quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great January! Hope your Feb. is as good or better. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you had a rough month- hope your SIL is better now.

    I think you read a lot this month, despite all you had going on!

    I've really wanted to read Lake of Dreams - I enjoyed the Memory Keeper's Daughter.

    I have heard wonderful things about The Emperor of All Maladies. The NYT book podcast has been raving about it.

    Enjoy your books in February!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see a few on your January list that I really want to read, especially the Fannie Flagg book. Reading ten books in one month would be a fantastic stat for me - congrats on that even if it wasn't as much as the year before!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your reading year is off to a great start even if you didn't read as much. I'm sure you'll be able to catch up in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did great in Jan! I think you've got some great books lined up for Feb too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done on 10. I hope you enjoy The Book of Tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great month! I am looking forward to Little Princes.

    Wishing you a wonderful February!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good job this month! I hope that February is a great reading month for you as well. I just bought my copy of Matterhorn, and am really excited about reading it. I also really want to get to The Memory Palace soon as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm curious about Sing You Home and Left Neglected, so I look forward to your posts on those books. Happy reading to you, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, great reading month. A few of those are on my wishlist. I highly recommend Little Princes, it was a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You had a great month! I read less in Jan too, hopefully you and I can make up during the shortest month of the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've very curious about several of your February reads!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.