(under my apple tree)
(under my apple tree)
So some of you read about my Guessing Game, where I shared five things about myself, with four of them partially true and partially fictitious, and (1) is totally true, and I asked you to select the TRUE statement.
Here is where the truth get's revealed:
- Meryl (Mary Louise) Streep was a camp counselor at the summer camp I attended one summer in New Jersey. (sorry - not true, but I was pretty proud I thought of this one)
- A good friend was killed in a jeep accident when we were in high school. (it happened sadly, but she was not in high school. She was 27 at the time and married)
- I received some shocking news last week, so shocking I kept it to myself. (I did learn some shocking news, but I shared it with my husband and my SIL).
- My husband was mistaken for a famous movie actor by a limo driver in Florida. (YES, YES, YES--TRUE, TRUE, TRUE).
- Most of the people who work at my library do not enjoy reading. ( I'm actually not too sure about this one, but feel like it might be true, as I almost never see anyone with a book, and (5) coworkers have mentioned they were not readers....sad).
and the movie actor, you ask???
My husband, although considerably younger, does resemble movie actor, Leslie Nielsen, who passed away in 2010. Like Nielsen, my husband's hair turned completely white by age 50, both are of similar height, weight, same thick, white hair and hair style, and both have those piercing blue eyes.
About 7 years ago, my husband was on business in Florida, and the limo driver was so persistent about getting his autograph, that finally my husband took the pen and paper from the driver, and he said to the driver ..."How do you spell Nielsen"? The driver just stared at him, so he scribbled a name, handed it back to the driver and got out of the limo at a Marco Island hotel.
This wasn't the first time something like this happened.....at least (2) other times, in New York City, and at an airport in CA, he's been mistaken for Leslie Nielsen....LOL.
Thanks for taking the time to play along and congrats to LESLIE.
I wanted to post a side by side picture of Nielsen and my husband, but my husband NO. He did not want his photo posted.......you know those celebrities, paranoid about stalkers, paparazzi and all that stuff ! LOL