Hello Blog Readers! Hope that you are all having a nice weekend.
New Books - (lots last week)
The Kingmaker's Daughter; Philippa Gregory
Judgment Call; JA Jance
(Audio books sent by Harper Audio and Simon and Schuster)
and Prisoner of Heaven - Thanks goes to Henry Holt and Harper
Get Me Out of Here - Europa (purchase)
The Nun - Europa (purchase)
What the Heart Remembers (Shelf awareness/NAL)
Books Read ( past week)
- Heading Out to Wonderful; Robert Goolrick - 3.5/5 (no review yet)
- Canada; Richard Ford - 4.5/5 (terrific audio experience) (no review yet)
- It's been really humid all this week so I didn't feel like walking during work - not too attractive when your blouse looks like a wet tee shirt in spots:) I did eat light this week so that did compensate for the lack of exercise. We had lunch with our little granddaughter and her mommy yesterday - she was so good (her mommy behaved as well). Next week we'll have her most of the day on Saturday so that will be fun as she is really forming a personality already.
- No company visiting this week, but our visit with friends from PA went well last weekend, EXCEPT our cat Lily didn't want my husband to put on his shoes when it was time to go out for dinner:).
- My son saw a mama bear and (3) cubs --yes (3) on his street one morning while going to work. CUTE but scary as well.
- Work -- I've been busy lately as work so the days just fly by, but not too busy that I don't have time for some chatter, coffee and a some internet browsing some days.
- We are enjoying the Olympics - did you see Gabby Douglas, the (16 year-old US Gymnast who won the Gold - amazing performances.
- Continue listening to Use Your Brain to Change Your Age; Dr Daniel Amen
- Continue listening to Innocent; Baldacci
- Finish reading January First; Schofield
- Read an eGalley (something releasing in August) ???
- Some of your blog posts (sorry)
- Start walking at work again (if weather cooperates)
- Reviews - (backlog - 4) - there were really good books for the most part - just sitting still for a few hours to crank them out is the issue...here they are:
- Translation of the Bones; Francesca Kay -4.5/5 (eBook) no review yet
- So Cold the River; Michael Koryta - 4/5 (audio) no review yet
- Canada; Richard Ford - 4.5/5 (audio)
- Heading Out to Wonderful; Robert Goolrick - 3.5/5 (eGalley and audio)