Saturday, October 19, 2013

Happy Weekend Everyone



Hi Everyone....I've been a bit preoccupied this week? Can you guess why? Yup, Boston versus Detroit playoffs and as of this typing.....Boston is up 3 wins to Detroit's 2 wins. A win for Boston tonight means that they'll be in the World Series against St. Louis. But, if Detroit wins, we need to play another 8pm ET tomorrow.......fingers crossed Boston clinches our spot tonight.

We are having a playoff party tonight - for us fans as exciting as the Super Bowl for some.  GO BOSTON!

Past Week: Short work week last week, off Monday and Tuesday, and a workshop Thursday made for a easy breezy week.  I finished The Goldfinch; Donna Tartt (loved it-no review yet), and have started the audiobook: Night Film, Marisha Pessl. I am really hooked. I also have the hard cover from the library as there are some fascinating illustrations that go along with the story - so this is a read and listen experience.

I finished the RIP VIII Challenge this week by completing my 4th book, Bellman & Black, but I'll actually end up finishing a 5th book, Night Film, by the 31st of October...I hope. I also need to review the latest Europa Book by Elana Ferrante, The Story of a New Name - book 2 of a trilogy.

Oh, and if you recall my iPod saga of last week, I am happy to say I found IT!!!! It was tucked safely away in the bottom drawer of my night stand, having forgotten I put it there....whew.....I started listening to The Age of Miracles; Karen Thompson Walker, it's really good so far (great narrator) - have you read this one?

Sunday Plans  - read a bit, make dinner, and just hang out and relax



20 comments:

  1. Busy fur sure! I'm glad you found your iPod!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Clemson-FSU game is huge here this weekend! It doesn't matter to me who wins but all hype around it has been fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad's two favorite baseball teams are the Dodgers and the Tigers. With the Dodgers out, I'm going to have to cheer for the Tigers for him. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is baseball...? Red socks = Red Sox? Sorry for my ignorance - I only follow Aussie Rules football :) Hope your team does well!
    Sounds like a busy week and I'm so glad you found your iPod.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy! I'm looking forward to your review of Goldfinch. I've thought about reading Age of Miracles, but I guess it hasn't worked its way to the top of the pile yet. - Go Sox! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you found your iPod! You are happy with game six, but we are sad ;(. When I get over the loss, I will root for the Sox over the Cards as I am an American League girl. Have a happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your Redsox! I'll be rooting for them because I hate the Cardinals. (Braves are my real team).

    I can't wait to read your review of The Goldfinch! Ever since I heard about it, I've been dying to read it! I'm jealous too!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy the playoffs. It's nice when you have a winning team to cheer for. I can't stand St. Louis either so I'll be rooting for you. (Baseball in Chicago is abysmal - both our teams stink.)

    I have a copy of The Goldfinch but it's going to take me a few weeks to get the time to dig into a book that big. Looking forward to your review. And Night Film - I'm thinking of going listen/read for that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope to get to Night Film soon. Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. best of luck in the playoffs! i'm a huge football and hockey fan but don't follow baseball (yup, I admit it!)

    I got Night Film on my iPad/Kindle app and yes, the illustrations/extras are fabulous! I'm quite interested to hear what you thought of the novel.

    Happy weekend to you too! Hope it was relaxing for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I must confess that I have been hoping for a Red Sox vs Cardinals World Series since September... although I must cheer for St. Louis :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations for finishing the RIP challenge! I can't wait for your review, I'm curious how you find it since so many people have given it mixed reviews - love it or hate it. I'm still reading for the challenge, I keep finding more books I want to squeeze in for it! lol

    have a good week, Diane. Secretly I am cheering for Boston in the playoffs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oops - sorry about the Bellman and Black, I meant the Donna Tartt book review. Bellman and Black was your previous post which I am just going to!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to your Red Sox and I'll look forward to your review of The Goldfinch. Have a great week, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  15. GO BOSTON!!!!

    Lots of good reading out there I see, and enjoy your day. Yes, I am relaxing :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope the game was good Diane and I'm glad you found your iPod. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad that you found your ipod finally! That can be a real confusing situation - wait till it turns up or buy another one?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well ... Looks like I'm in the minority ... I'm a Cardinals fan through and through. And I really wanted to match up against boston just because of that awful 2004 series.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. I confess I am not at all a football fan, but I do like baseball. :-) I wasn't able to watch any of the playoff games, but I did follow the scores on my phone, giving my husband live updates. LOL I am glad the Red Sox one. My husband's family are Cardinal fans so I'm sure I'll here more cheering for them come the World Series.

    I can't wait to hear what you think of Night Film. I had dismissed that book at first, but the reviews coming in are so positive I am thinking now I want to read it.

    Glad you found your iPod! And Congrats on finishing the RIP Challenge.

    Enjoy the rest of your week, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm watching the world series now, had no idea who was in the world series before turning on the TV tonight! I love baseball but October has challenged me in more ways than I can share. ;)

    A Yankees fan who hopes your team makes you happy this month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.