Tuesday, September 23, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph ~ Tuesday Intros - My Education; Susan Choi

Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where I share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon. 

 My Education; Susan Choi
Viking - 2013
1992

"Since arriving the previous week I'd kept hearing about a notorious person, and now as I entered the packed lecture hall my gaze caught on a highly conspicuous man.  That's him I declared inwardly, which of course was absurd.  It was a vast university, of thousands of souls.  There was no reason these two kinds of prominence --scandalous noteworthiness, and exceptional, even sinister, attractiveness--must belong to the same human being.  Yet they had.  The man was Nicholas Brodeur, though I knew it for sure only later."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think?

Feel free to join in and post the Intro from one of your reads by linking below.

 

16 comments:

  1. Now I am definitely curious...I have never heard of this one, but I want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm attracted by the cover and the first paragraph. I'd keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has me intrigued - I want to know why this guy is so infamous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first paragraph kinda tells this book is a series. Or am i wrong?
    This is the first time I join your meme, Diane. I've been seeing it up this past months and it seems kinda fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been on my wish list ever since it was released. Great opener - I'd definitely keep reading. Look forward to your thoughts, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never heard of this book, but you have my interest. Sounds a bit mysterious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds right up my alley. I like the intro and setting.

    Thanks for sharing, hosting, and visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have another of Susan Choi's books and have been wanting to give her a try. This sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the idea of telling the end at the beginning. I think that raises the difficulty for the book to keep the reader's interest. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. definitely captured my attention and reading interest - cover is lovely vintage vibe... carry on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like she was meant to see him right away... though good or bad, I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think he sounds like an interesting man. I'd read on. Thanks for stopping by today. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had this one from the library but didn't get to it before it was due back. I hope to get to it someday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.