Speaking of work, the work week went quickly. Every year we do something that benefits the community in some ways. Everyone gets to choose from a list which includes manual labor, gardening work, reading to little children at schools, animal shelter work, and much much more. This year I went to Ronald McDonald House, and assembled gift bags for children staying there while there were going through medical treatments. We also read to children and organized their library. The place is beautiful and the day was very rewarding.
I have been listening to lot's of audio books (volume turned high to compensate for blocked ear LOL) and reviewed several recently. My current audiobooks are The Farm, Tom Smith (strange but interesting) and That Night; Chevy Stevens. I still need to review Landline; R. Rowell and The Arsonist; Sue Miller from earlier this month.
New Books (arrived by mail this past week)
- Five Days Left; Jule Lawson Timmer (Penguin Audio)
- The Hall: A Celebration of Baseball Greats (Little Brown & Co)
- The Killer Next Door; Alex Marwood (Penguin)
- The Legend of Sleepy Hollow & Other Stories (Penguin)
- The Make Ahead Cook - American Test Kitchens (Amazon Vine)
- Sam and Dave Dig a Big Hole; Barnett and Klausen (sent by author)
Have a good week everyone!