Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sunday Blatherings - Books and Pics

See cat's like comfort too

Well, this seems like the shortest weekend ever. Guess I was spoiled by a (4) day one.  Yesterday was one of my favorite annual book sales, part of a fall festival, but it sure didn't feel like fall. Hot and humid and almost 90 degrees. Fortunately, this week is suppose to offer high 70s and 50s at night (my kind of weather.

I showed amazing restraint at the book sale and only picked up theses (2) stacks of books. One small stack for me and a few like new books for the grandchildren. All were priced between 25 cents and $1.00.

Then, again, not my fault (2) more new books below arrived from the publisher this week.

  • The Book of Strange New Things; Michel Faber  (Crown-Hogarth) - I had blogged about this one recently and in my mailbox it arrived -- the end papers are gold on this ARC - it's very sharp looking.
  • How to Be a Good Wife; Emma Chapman (St. Martin's Press) - The hub was amused by the title and said maybe I'll learn a few things LOL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
and, a couple pics of special little people

sister love
2 yrs 4 mths  & and 4.5 mths

cousins getting to know one another
2 mths & 4.5 mths

Hope everyone enjoys the day and has a great week.

17 comments:

  1. I read Ellis Island and What Alice Forgot and enjoyed both of them. The babies are so cute! It's wonderful to have them so close in age too. Haven't heard of your two new books that arrived, going to check them out further now. Enjoy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still hot as blazes here but I'm not complaining.

    Cousins are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not at all fall-like yet, but you know it's coming. Great books - I loved And Then There Were None, and South of Broad is typical Pat Conroy. Your grandkids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love the mini-human pics, way too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved What Alice Forgot. Your other books look great too. Wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't been able to follow my online friends' blogs for quite a while due to my illness so I'm particularly happy to see the pictures of your grandchildren. So very cute and cuddly. I hope to keep up now - feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm reading an arc of The Fortune Hunter - it's beautiful.

    The grandkids pics are adorable. Aren't they fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photos! Enjoy your family, and your books, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great bunch of books. I loved South of Broad. Loved the picture of your little people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed Ellis Island, hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha - my husband would love for me to read How to Be a Good Wife!! I wasn't a fan of What Alice Forgot, but I think I'm one of the only people in the world that just doesn't like Moriarty's overall style. I LOVE Pat Conroy, but South of Broad was not one of his best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the pictures of your grand-babies. They are so cute. I also like the quilt in the last picture. I love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, look how cute your babies are! Good golly, I never thought about how many books I'm going to be dragging home from the library book sale once I have grandkids. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such cute babies you have :) I had luch with a friend who brought her 15 month old daughter and I couldn't stop touching and playing with her. I'm so glad Gage is growing up but that baby stage is irresistable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh they are just TOO SWEET!!!

    I keep hearing such great things about What Alice Forgot. I have my own copy but haven't picked it off the shelf yet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What sweet pics!! I had to giggle at your husband's comment. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.