Monday, October 26, 2015

Peg & Cat: The Race Car Problem; Jennifer Oxley and Billy Aronson

Candlewick Enterprises - 2015

Based on the PBS kids series, Peg & Cat: The Race Car Problem was an entertaining read that our 3-year old granddaughter loves to have read to her. It's the first of a new series.

The premise of the story is that Peg & Cat want to participate in The Tallapegga Twenty event, but to do so they need a race car. With junkyard parts the duo persists until the car is good enough to compete. But, it the car good enough to win against some stiff competition?

The book enforces the message of never giving up, it adds colorful shapes and basic math concepts to the story for added interest and some good vocabulary words for language skill building as well. I thought the story and colorful illustrations were fun as well. I did feel that the book a bit wordy for little ones under the age of 4.

4/5 stars
(sent by publisher)

4 comments:

  1. I've never heard of that show but I think the book looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sure like to see books like this along with the positive messages they send.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books for children that have positive messages. I've never heard of the show, but the book sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the kind of book I loved to read to my son when he was little. Thanks Diane!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.