Friday, February 22, 2019

2 New Kids Books from Candlewick Press


I was so happy to receive these 2 very different children's books recently. They are targeted for the 3-8 year old age group.



You Are Light; Aaron Becker
Candlewick Studio - 2019

You Are Light is a gorgeous die-cut board book that opens with a vibrant sun to warm our sky and the land around us.  Soon helping the sea produce rain to help things grow like the leaves on the trees that keep us cool and also lighting the moon at night. 

As you hold each page up to the light you can see the color transformation of the light around us. Simply beautiful!





Candlewick Press - 2019

The Whole Wide World and Me features a dark-haired girl, possibly Asian, who explores the world around her. The more she discovers outdoors and all the delights which surround her, the more she begins to feel a part of the the bigger picture.

The artwork is bold and bright and textured yet, it's never over powering.  There are just a few words on each page but yet little ones can see how the very small can be part of the very big world around them.

Both of these books are just lovely.

9 comments:

  1. Both look like books my granddaughters would love, Diane. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Candlewick books! Those two look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any little ones to buy for, but these both look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first one really caught my eye. They both look great, though. I saw the cutest children's book on the counter at B&N the other day and it made me want to find a kid to buy it for. https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Seed-Jory-John/dp/006246776X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for these reviews. I still have the occasional kid I give books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both look like great reads for any age.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these seem wonderful! Terrific reviews, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane,
    I have only just now seen the photo of your cats. Oh that charcoal color and the white is such a beautiful, soft contrast. They are lovely. Happy days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.