Tuesday, February 26, 2019

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - An Anonymous Girl - Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen


Each Tuesday, Vicki, from I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where  readers post the opening paragraph (sometime two) of a book that they are reading or plan to read. 

An Anonymous Girl - Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen
St. Martin's Press - 2019

Part One

"You're invited: Seeking women aged 18 to 32 to participate in a study on ethics and morality conducted by a preeminent NYC psychiatrist. Genrous compensation. Anonymity guaranteed.  Call for more details.

It's easy to judge other people's choices. The mother with a grocery cart full of Fruit Loops and Double Stuff Oreos who yells at her child.  The driver of an expensive convertible who cuts off a slower vehicle.  The woman in the quiet coffee shop who yaks on her cell phone.  The husband who cheats on his wife.

But what if you knew the mother lost her job that day? What if the driver promised his son he'd make it to his school play, but his boss insisted he attend a last minute meeting?"

What do you think? Curious or pass?  

13 comments:

  1. Hi Diane! Oh I am totally curious about how this one is going to go! It's sounds a brilliant choice. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine - https://alternative-read.com/2019/02/26/sarah-sundin

    Happy Tuesday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this one--it was a twisty, compelling read to the end. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, and I loved this book. I hope you do, too. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this one and seeing the Anonymous Girl get around all the restrictions she signed up for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had this one my tbr list for a while and plan on reading it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should read it! It was my favorite book of January. I liked it much better than last years. Its great you won't see the twist coming. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been on the fence about this one ... so many mixed reports.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read another book by these authors and want to read this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read this one and enjoyed it. It wasn't my favorite but I thought it was a good read. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd proceed. I wonder what your impressions on this book will be after finishing. Two bloggers I follow had opposing opinions on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like something I would definitely continue reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.