Tuesday, August 27, 2019

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - The Bookshop of the Broken Hearted; Robert Hillman


Each Tuesday, Vicki, from I’d Rather Be At The Beach hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where  readers post the opening paragraph (sometime two) of a book they are reading or that they plan to read.  Here's an except from a book I've been looking forward to. What do you think?


G.P. Putnam - 2019


CHAPTER 1

"She didn't stay long as far as marriages go, just a year and ten months. Her note was brief, too:

I'm leaving, Don't know what to say,

Love  Trudy

And Tom Hope was left injured in a way that seemed certain to kill him."

9 comments:

  1. I love that beginning! I'd certainly read on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the intro! Poor Tom! I'd like to see how his life without Trudy goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently won this book in a contest. It certainly starts with a bang, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems sad and mysterious at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the title, without even reading the blurb - it sounds like my sort of read - and what a great beginning!

    Here is my Tuesday Teaser post. Hope you are having a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The intro definitely has me wanting to read on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do I think?
    I think you need
    to high-tailit
    Upstairs to RITE
    with moi, aussi.
    God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an intriguing intro. Definitely want to know more about both but especially Tom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.