Tuesday, April 7, 2020

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - 142 Ostriches; April Davila


Welcome to
 First Chapter/Intros, now hosted by  Socrates Book Reviews
Thanks to Yvonne for taking over FCFPTI.


142 Ostriches; April Davila
Kensington Books - 2020

One

Four days before the ostriches stopped laying eggs, Grandma Helen died in an accident that really wasn't an accident.  It was a Sunday, when almost everyone was in church, when the only other trucks on Route 66 were bigger than hers, their immense grilles roaring toward her, then escaping one after another, until a tomato trailer out of Sacramento proved too enticing.

Isn't the cover beautiful?  I'm hoping this one is a winner as the reviews have been pretty good.

Would you read more or pass?

12 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous cover! Great opening lines, too. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    I wrote on my Potpourri blog today about new books...and added a little rant about how Goodreads adds their own designations to my book status: currently reading or read when I would have labeled them "want to read."

    ReplyDelete
  2. The title and the cover certainly caught my interest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that is a pretty cover and I'd read some more, it seems interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that's a wonderful cover! I love the colors and it sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the cover and I'm very intrigued by the opening. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds unique! The cover is pretty, and I want to know what happened to Grandma Helen :( Were they her ostriches? I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book sounds unusual in a good way! I'd read more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover is gorgeous and what a crazy beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover art, but I'm not sure about the book. I'll wait to hear what you think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like it will be a beautiful story.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's an intriguing opening. Here's hoping...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.