Tuesday, August 16, 2022

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - The It Girl; Ruth Ware


                                                    

Welcome to First Chapter/Intros, hosted by Yvonne @ Socrates Book ReviewsEach week readers post the first paragraph (or 2) of a book we are reading or plan to read soon.  

It It Girl; Ruth Ware
Gallery/Scout Press - 2022
(20 Books of Summer List)

BEFORE

Afterwards, it was the door she would remember.  It was open, she kept saying to the police.  I should have known something was wrong.

She could have retraced every step of the walk back from the hall: the gravel crunching beneath her feet of the path across the Old Quad, under the Cherwell Arch, then the illegal shortcut through the darkness of Fellows' Garden, her feet light on the soaked forbidden lawn.  Oxford didn't need KEEP OFF THE GRASS signs; that lawn had been the preserve of dons and fellows for more than two hundred years without needing to remind undergraduates of the fact.

What do you think, read more or pass.  I've have pretty good luck with this author and, I do like a good mystery set in academia, so I'm hoping this will be a winner.

18 comments:

  1. I enjoyed it and I think you will. Definitely, keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I like it. An academic setting is always a plus for me too.

      Delete
  2. Oh, good for you! I enjoyed this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed this one Laurel. Hope to start it in a few days.

      Delete
  3. That's a nice opening I think. .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't care for the opening but I sense a good feeling about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this one on my wishlist. It really looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This author has been hit and miss for me, but I think I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've definitely liked some of her books more than others.

      Delete
  7. I might give this one a try. I loved her debut (In A Dark, Dark Wood), but was pretty disappointed with The Woman in Cabin 10.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of her books were definitely better than others for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adored the first two books by this author but haven't read any recently. This sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope it is one of her better books; I've read them all except this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This one is on my radar and I would definitely keep on reading if I were you so that you can tell all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've only read one book by Ruth Ware but I keep adding her books to my TBR! Yes, I would definitely read :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.