Tuesday, November 15, 2016

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - The First True Lie; Marina Mander


Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros sharing the first paragraph or two, from a book I'm reading or will be reading soon.  


The First True Lie; Marina Mander
Hogarth - 2014


Some Days

Some days I wonder: What does it mean to be a half orphan?

You can't know because you are a grown-up.

You've got parents who already seem like grandparents, a house where you're free to go into all the rooms, a car to get away in....There are so many things you can forget."

Based on this intro, would you read more or pass on this book?

Feel free to join in by posting your own First Chapter First Paragraph Intro and linking below.





30 comments:

  1. I'm hooked on that opening. I've never heard of a half-orphan, and I'm wondering why the character can't go into certain rooms. I'd keep reading to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't started it yet but, I think the boy's mother is dead and father uninvolved --half-orphan.

      Delete
  2. I am definitely confused and want to know more! Mysterious excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an intriguing opener. I have no idea where this might be going. I think I'd like to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to read a little more, it sounds as if there is quite lot behind that paragraph!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, this sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been on my shelves for a few years so time to see what it's all about.

      Delete
  6. Definitely has me wondering! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great opening! And I love the cover of the book too. This is totally new to me -- I must check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am curious about the rest of the story. I'd read on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an interesting intro... it raises so many questions! Haven't seen this book around yet, but I want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find it puzzling - so I would read on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does leave the reader with lots of questions from the intro.

      Delete
  11. I haven't a clue. I think I'd read more.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd read on. The cover is appealing too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would like to know more and would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.