Saturday, February 29, 2020

Eat Right 4 Your Type; Dr. Peter D'Adamo



TITLE: Eat Right 4 Your Type: 4 Blood Types, 4 Diets
AUTHOR: Dr. Peter D'Adamo
PUBLISHER: Berkley 
PUB. YEAR: 2016 edition
FORMAT: print/library
RATING: 5/5

I read this book 10+ years ago out of curiosity but never followed the recommendations. Now in my 60's and in pretty good health except for and under active thyroid for which I take a pill each day.   I am also constantly bothered by post nasal drip.  I also began to suspect I was lactose intolerant due to stomach issues after consuming milk and cheese products, so I decided to revisit this book.

BINGO: Type A and dairy products are not compatible. In fact Type A's have a sensitive immune system and do best with a vegetarian diet: plenty of fruits and veggies and whole grains (no tomatoes, corn, peppers or potatoes, cabbage, eggplant and mushrooms are also no-nos, as is shellfish and meat - turkey is okay as is some whitefish).  

TYPE A's also do best with gentle exercise like yoga, golf and meditation.

Many people claim to lose a good amount of weight following the plan, based on your blood type. I just started by eliminating dairy this week and feel better already - bye, bye, bloating.  The book also recommended starting each morning (before coffee) with a cup of warm water and squeezed lemon - boy does that work in helping to eliminate excess mucous.   I'm seeing positive results by just making these 2 small changes thus far. I never ate much meat anyways so total elimination would not be an issue for me.

This book just made sense to me considering the fact that not everyones internal chemistry functions in the same manor. I liked the insight as to how to fight off illness, have more energy and how to slow down the aging process.  Have you read it?

12 comments:

  1. Interesting. I'm a Type A, also, and I've recently noticed some problems after consuming larger portions of dairy product than what I normally consume in a given day. I'll have to take a look at the book. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Type A also. This is fascinating. I've never heard anything about this book before now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Type A as well, but A negative so I don't know if that makes a difference. I don't eat a great deal of dairy anyway and never touch milk. But I'd struggle with not eating tomatoes as my husband grows so many each year, and I *love* cabbage and corn. I might do the warm water and lemon thing though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cath - it doesn't make a difference whether blood type is A+ or A-.

      Delete
  4. Very interesting, the Dad has a big problem with dairy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian, as we age, it seems more and more people have issues with dairy.

      Delete
  5. Interesting. I am type A and a vegetarian so I guess I naturally made at least one good choice. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read so many of these books, but not this one. I'll have to check it out. Gage and Jason are both A's

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have meant to read this for a long time. I guess I better get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used the link you gave today, on your current post, and thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.