Dates: Friday, May 22 - Monday, September 7, 2009 (Memorial Day weekend - Labor Day weekend)
Requirements: Summer vacations are meant to be relaxing and fun - not stressful. However, some people interpret "fun" by doing nothing but going to the beach and vegging out -- while others like to maximize their sight-seeing adventures. To that end, I have developed two different levels of participation:
- Beach Bumb: you will read 3 books during this time frame (a leisurely book-a-month); cross-over book selections from other challenges may count; and you do not have to list books in advance -- after all, summer vacation is a time for spontaneity.
- Globe Trotter: you will commit to reading 6 pre-selected books during this time frame, but you may substitute up to 3 books due to changes in travel plans. Cross-overs for 5 out of the 6 books are allowed, but ideally one book will be read for this challenge alone.
Sign up and Reviews: Visit Molly at My Cozy Book Nook to sign up
I'm choosing The Globe Trotter (6 books): - COMPLETED 6/15/09
- Home Safe; Elizabeth Berg - 2/5
- Water, Stone, Heart; North - 4/5
- Beach Chair Diaries; Spurr - 4/5
- Life Without Summer; Griffin - 5/5
- Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie; Bradley- 5/5
- Dark Places; Gillian Flynn - 4/5