For me, Memorial Day weekend officially kick off the summer. For me that often means, a few easier, lighter reads, that require less focus, are still fun, and will enable me to people watch and bird watch, whether on the beach or in the park.
- I'm starting my own, personal summer-reading challenge.
- I'm making a list of (15) books, all from my physical shelves.
- I'm hoping to read and review (10) from this list.
- Feel free to make your own list and use the image as well.
- Yellow Raft in Blue Water; Michael Dorris
Northwest Corner; John Schwartz(4/5) The Spectator Bird; Wallace Stegner (5/5)
- The First Day of the Rest of My Life; Cathy Lamb
- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest; Stieg Larsson
A Grown-Up Kind of Pretty; Josilyn Jackson(5/5) - The Stand; Stephen King(4/5)
- Prodigal Summer; Barbara Kingsolver
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry; Rachel Joyce - 5/5 (no review yet)
- Model Home; Eric Puchner
Tell the Wolves I'm Home; Carol Rifka Brunt- 5/5 (no review yet)
- Evening Ferry; Katherine Towler
A Translation of the Bones; Francesca Kay4.5/5 The Folded Earth; Anuradha Roy4/5 (no review yet)
- Faith Bass Darling's Last Garage Sale; Lynda Rutledge
Have you read any of these? If so which do you recommend?