Frank Sileo (Author) and Cary Pillo (illustrator)
Magination Press - 2012
American Psychological Association
Sally likes to play soccer, but Sally does not like to lose. When things don't go well, she yells and bosses other children, and before long Sally finds herself all alone and friendless.
Mr. Taylor, one of her teachers, tries to instill the importance of "Being a Good Sport" by sharing (8) simple principles:
- Being polite to teammates and opposite team
- Cool down when upset
- Don't show off or hog the ball
- Don't argue with a teacher, teammate, opponent or referee
- Know the rules of the game.
- Be fair to everyone
- Never cheat
- Try your best and have fun
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
A few important quotes:
- "Remember to tell yourself, I've won if I've had fun."
- "Sore winners and bad losers win nothing and can lose friends."