Wednesday, December 11, 2013

A Nantucket Christmas; Nancy Thayer

Ballantine Books - 2013

A Nantucket Christmas has a picture perfect setting for Christmas. On Nantucket Island in Massachusetts in December, the tourists are gone and year round residents can really enjoy all that this charming town offers. Nicole Somerset is a retired nurse and she is new to Nantucket. She recently married Sebastian a former attorney, and for Nicole, this Christmas will be all about making their together home perfect and homey.  Sebastian had told her that his former wife Kayta hated the mess involved in decorating for Christmas.  For both her personal image and her home, everything had to be just perfect.
This Christmas the couple is expecting a visit from Kennedy, Sebastian’s married daughter, her husband and their 3 year old son Maddox.  Kennedy is childish, rich, pampered and 8 month’s pregnant with the couple’s second child. Little Maddox is adorable and very much wants a dog this Christmas, but Kennedy, much like her mother, is against the idea because of the mess that associated with pet ownership. Kennedy's goal is to get her parents back together – that would make her Christmas perfect. 
We know that things don't always work out the way we planned, but sometimes the outcome is even better than imagined. 
This was a quick, light read which I finished in just 2 hours. Yes, the outcome is predictable and some of the characters are unrealistic, but something about the story made me enjoy it all the same.  If you are looking for some Christmas fluff, where everything works out in the end, I think you’ll be happy with this one. 
3.5/5 stars (eGalley - NetGalley)

12 comments:

  1. I love the New England settings in her books. One of my favorites, Morning, is also set on Nantucket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For Christmas reads I think the expected outcome is part of the feeling of Christmas. Everything becomes alright with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love Christmas, anywhere and everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recommendation. I am going to search this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The covers for her books always catch my eye. They seem like sweet, cozy reads. I have yet to pick one up. You know me. Doom and gloom, even through the holidays. So funny because I am such a happy person in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good time for a little Christmas fluff ;-)

    Love your new header photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas fluff! I could use some of that right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed this little bit of Christmas fluff myself. nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love some Christmas fluff and this book sounds perfect to me. I've always wanted to visit Nantucket during Christmas so reading a book set there would be fun. And some predictability is okay. I'm glad you enjoyed this book. Thanks for posting about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd pick it up just for the amazing setting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christmas fluff can be good sometimes. I've fallen prey to two cheesy Hallmark movies this season :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.