Tuesday, December 24, 2013

First Chapter ~ First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - A Christmas Hope; Anne Perry

Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where I share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us? I just started this one today and am enjoying it.

 A Christmas Hope; Anne Perry

 "CLAUDINE BURROUGHS DID NOT LOOK FORWARD TO THE PARTY.   This November, 1868, it had been bitterly cold. The kind of chill that creeps into one's bones and makes the ache. Now it was early December and warm again. People were predicting the mild spell would last.  Here in London there might not be any snow! Most unseasonal".
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   
 What do you think? Would you keep reading? Feel free to join us by linking your First Chapter post below.

9 comments:

  1. I'd read more. It sounds like a good (timely) book to read this winter with all of our strange weather. Have a wonderful Christmas, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure this one is for me, but it sure fits the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a day like today yes, definitely yes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect read for today… and I love the cover, too. Merry Christmas to you and yours, Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too would keep reading. There is always Christmas Hope. And whats not to love about a story set in London in 1868!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are experiencing that cold to chill the bones right now!
    I'd love a January thaw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am reading a Christmas theme book as well. Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband reads Ann Perry books, but I haven't read any of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.