Tuesday, December 17, 2013

First Chapter ~ First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - Delivering Death; Julie Kramer

Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where I share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us? Today's pick will be released on January 7th.

Delivering Death; Julie Kramer
Atria / Emily Bestler Books - 2014

" A guard checked a number against the ID bracelet on the man's wrist while marking his name off a clipboard as he stood in line.
Another chained the man's cuffs to his waist and shackled his feet together, so he had to shuffle to board the prison bus behind other stumbling inmates in orange jumpsuits.  He heard some snickering among the jailers about something called 'diesel therapy.' The term puzzled him, but amid the scuffling and stern faces, he had no time or nerve for questions."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~   
 What do you think? Would you keep reading? Feel free to join us by linking your First Chapter post below.

15 comments:

  1. A grim start, but then with the title I wasn't really expecting something light and frothy. You know, I'd like to keep going - at least a few more pages.

    Diane, Your new header picture is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new header!

    Yes, I'd keep going -- at least enough to figure out what he's done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Considering the title and opening, I'm not sure this book would be for me, but I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an intense read but I'm curious and would continue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have to show your new header to my hubby. He loves lighthouses! Nice tease but I'm not sure I'd read the book - seems sad and serious for this time of year. Hope you enjoy it though.
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I would keep reading. I enjoyed Shunning Sarah awhile back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmmm, this diesel therapy does not seem to announce happy things...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure if this one is for me...hope you enjoy it!

    Lovely lighthouse photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting opening, but I'd save it for next month...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uh-oh, he's off to the execution. I wonder if everything will turn around, somehow. I do want to keep reading and find out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would keep reading. I haven't read this author before, but it sounds like my type of book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would continue, but it is #6 in the Riley Spartz series. I MUST read them in order! So off to check out #1 & #2 and get started.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds brutal. Hope things improve from there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds gritty, disturbing and up my alley!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.