Tuesday, May 3, 2016

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - The Two-Family House; Lynda Cohen Loigman




Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where I share the first paragraph sometimes two, of a book that I'm reading or plan to read soon. ( I started this one last night and am really enjoying it so far.)

The Two-Family House; Lynda Cohen-Loigman
St. Martin's Press - 2016

Prologue

"She walked down the stairs of the old two-family house in the dark, careful not to slip.  The steps were steep and uneven, hidden  almost entirely beneath the snow.  It had been falling rapidly for hours and there had been too much excitement going on inside the house for anyone to think about shoveling the steps for a departing midwife.  Perhaps if the fathers of the two babies born had been present, they would have thought to shovel.  But the storm had prevented their return, and neither had been home."


What do you think -- keep reading or pass? 
(Feel free to join in this week by posting your intro below?




41 comments:

  1. Uh-oh, I am afraid of what's going to happen next! I do want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read this one recently with one of my book clubs. It was just an okay read for me, but several of the other members liked it much more than I did. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh two babies born at once, snow and stranded fathers - yes, I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is a fascinating beginning! The picture created by the author is very vivid in my mind. I would definitely keep reading! And I'm adding this one to my Goodreads shelves! Thanks for sharing!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two babies, two fathers? I'm intrigued and would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will the midwife slip? I'd read on to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been on hold for a while at the library for this one. Keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has been on my radar -- the opening is great! I'd keep going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be popular and the author was born and raised close to where I was as well.

      Delete
  9. I would keep reading! I've been eyeing this book ever since it arrived in the store. I like the cover art, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be curious to hear your thoughts if you read it Les.

      Delete
  10. The cover alone makes me want to read it. I liked the intro too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good prologue opener for sure - glad you're enjoying it ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this book on my to-read list. And now I like the feel of this prologue. I want more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would definitely read this one! What a hook!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to read this!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes, I would want to keep reading!
    Miss Cellany.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh this is a very intriguing intro, I definitely want to keep reading to see what's going to happen! Thanks for sharing and hosting :)
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Juli, I'm so curious how this will turn out. Addictive so far.

      Delete
  17. The opening draws me in. Sounds like a good story!

    Diane, I will be on a short blogging break.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I added this one to my to-read shelf based on reviews I have read. So I intend to read it this year I hope. Now that I have read the prologue paragraph, I may have to bump it up closer to the top of my list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That one didn't grab me for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the cover of this book and I like the opening so it's one I would check out!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I almost shared this book too. Looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. All the elements of a good mystery. Its a yes from me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.