Tuesday, May 10, 2016

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros - A Perfect Life; Eileen Pollack


Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros where I share the first paragraph sometimes two, of a book that I'm reading or plan to read soon. 

A Perfect Life; Eileen Pollack
Ecco - May 2016
1

"In another few minutes, I will need to climb the stairs and explain to my daughter why her father and I gave her life when we knew she would need it watching the clock, watching herself.  Maybe Lila won't hold her fate against me any more than I held my fate against my parents.  But then, I was older. I knew they had acted out of ignorance.  And how could I condemn the very people to whom I owed my existence, enthralled as I was with the mystery, the miracle, of being Jane Weiss?

What do you think -- keep reading or pass? 
(Feel free to join in this week by posting your intro below?


29 comments:

  1. Now I am intrigued! Thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's quite a mystery here. I'd like to keep reading to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking it's a story similar to Inside the O'Briens.

      Delete
  3. I am intrigued as well. I have considered genetic testing before to see if I carry the genes for them, but a part of me is afraid to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genetic testing is a scary thing I'm sure. I think I'd be afraid to find out as well.

      Delete
  4. What an intriguing opening - this sounds although it could be a sad read but I'd keep going for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this Intro and wonder what it is all about. I changed my mind a lot in a few sentences already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has my interest. I'd definitely keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gripping! I definitely want to find out what's going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking it's a story similar to Inside the O'Briens.

      Delete
  8. I am intrigued enough to want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking it's a story similar to Inside the O'Briens.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like her life is something special. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not sure I could read this one. I will await your review.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe. Interested in genetics as I am, should I trust this author? I have not read anything by her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Keep reading, I'd have to know what was going on!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh, what a mysterious, cryptic beginning! I couldn't really understand what the narrator was trying to say. So I went over to Goodreads and looked up this novel. As I read the synopsis, I started getting goosebumps all over. Not that I was scared, but that somehow, the theme of this novel hit home. Now this doesn't mean that I have a family member with some horrible disease. No, it's the theme of a woman courageously facing, and fighting against, her biggest fears, that really got to me. I HAVE GOT to read this book!! Thanks for featuring it!! It's going on my Goodreads shelves for sure!!

    Thanks as well for stopping by and commenting on my own Tuesday Intros post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking it's a story similar to Inside the O'Briens....sad for sure.

      Delete
    2. Oh, I've never heard of this one, either. I'll have to check it out! Thanks! :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.