Friday, October 1, 2010

124 - Interrupting Chicken; David Ezra Stein




Interrupting Chicken is the cutest story. It is about The Little Read Chicken who cannot help but interrupt Papa when he reads a bedtime story each night. As Papa reads, the little chicken knows the characters, whether Hansel and Gretel or Little Red Riding Hood, are about to get into trouble, so she shouts out and interrupts the story never allowing Papa to finish.  Little Red Chicken gets so excited keeping the story characters out of trouble, that she still isn't asleep. It's frustrating for Papa, so Little Red Chicken offers to read him a story instead, and before long she puts him to sleep.

This is the perfect story to teach little ones manners and the concept that it is rude to interrupt. David Ezra Stein is both the author and the illustrator. The colors are fabulous and the illustrations are whimsical. It's a cute story for parent and child.  Ages 4-8; RECOMMENDED - 5/5 stars
(Received from Publisher)

10 comments:

  1. I love it and what a fabulous cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know some middle school kids who could benefit from this story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm....I know a little interrupter of my own who needs this book NOW!!! Thanks for the tip ... I'm going to look for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww.. it is so CUTE! I definitely want this one for my lil one here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like an adorable book that makes a good point. I remember when my kids were at that stage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds pretty cool, maybe it should be mandatory reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute story with a great message!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book looks darling, and I think it's a really neat way to teach this particular lesson to young ones. I have the perfect reader in mind for this book :)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, gosh this looks like something a young boy in my family might find in his holiday gifts! He'd get an especial kick out of it because he likes to tell the interrupting chicken (or cow, or Indiana Jones) joke!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Z's school librarian read this to them at the beginning of the year to teach them about manners and all of the kids LOVED it! I heard it a few times while I was volunteering and thought it was very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.