Sunday, October 10, 2010

129 - Llama Llama Misses Mama; Anna Dewdney



In this sweet book, perfect for the preschool child, Llama, Llama Misses Mama demonstrates that the first day of school can be traumatic for even a llama.  The shy, but brave Llama goes off to school, along with all different types of animals dressed in their new school clothes. At first Llama is unhappy about having to leave his mama, but soon he is encouraged by the other animals to join in the fun activities at school, playing with the other animals.

The story is told in delightful rhyme, the illustrations and colors are extra cute, and it was heartwarming to see that in the end Llama Llama, still loves his mama, but he learns to love school as well.  I read this one through 3X, it is just so cute. There are a few other cute titles in this series which I hope to read at some point:
Llama Llama, Mad at Mama and Llama, Llama Red Pajama.

An excellent story for little ones as they prepare to leave mama for school. Highly Recommended
Rating - 5/5 stars
Library Book

11 comments:

  1. awww.. such a cute little book! And that is an adorable cover as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweet, rhyming kids books like this. And about animals? Doesn't get better than that. Sounds adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this one, too, and there is going to be a new Llama book for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound pretty cute! Hey, I should have done an In My Mailbox post...cause I actually got a book in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one does look really cute! I am glad you liked it and will have to check it out. I know a little girl that this book would be perfect for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute book, thanks! for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We checked this one out at the library too. It's very fitting right now for my son who is having a bit of a hard time saying goodbye to me at school.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds adorable. I have a little nephew that will be ready for this one next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have "Llama Llama Red Pajama" and just love it. The drawings are so adorable and the rhymes are wonderful ... and they tell a great story too. This sounds just as good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is adorable! It makes me wish my kids were a little younger, I think they've outgrown that sort of book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read the title out loud a few times and it's very cute. The cover itself already drew me in. Very adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.