Friday, March 18, 2011

Pinkalicious; Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann


Title: Pinkalicious
Author: Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann
Publication Year: 2006 (English) 2011 (Spanish Ed)
Publisher: Harper Collins
Edition: Hardcover
Source: sent by Publisher
Date Completed: 3/14/2011
Setting: n/a
Rating: 5/5 stars
Recommend: Yes

I was first introduced to the delightful Pinkalious earlier this year when I read and reviewed Silverlicious.  On March 1, 2011, Pinkalicious which debuted in English in 2006, was released in Spanish.  I was lucky enough to get a copy from the publisher.

If you are not familiar with Pinkalicious, she is a sweet little girl who adores the color pink; it's simply her favorite color. She and he mom make pink cupcakes one rainy day, and Pinkalicious ate pink cupcakes all day long! When she woke up the next morning, her face and hands were all pink, and her belly the color of a sunset. Even a bath would not wash away all the pink.

Her mother takes her to the doctor who says that she has an acute case of "pinkititis". He tells her to avoid pink food, and to eat just green "yuck" food for a while.  The birds and bees chased her thinking she was a flower, and her brother Peter was "green with envy over her pinkness".  She pretends to eat all pf her green foods but sneaks a pink cupcake instead, and her skin began to change to a dreadful color "red".  So finally she listens to the doctor and eats and drinks only "green": peas, cucumbers, relish, tea, and before long she was no longer red or pink.

What a terrific book to kick off a sweet series. A darling book with great illustrations, that will make you and your little one giggle with delight.  This book and series should appeal to little girls, and fans of the color pink everywhere.  How great to have it now available in Spanish. Purplicious, and Goldilicious are also books in this series. Give them a try!

7 comments:

  1. I love pinkalicious and purplicious. I haven't read the other 2 yet. Claire is still too young for them, but my niece can't get enough of this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my daughter's favorite books. I could read this to her over and over and she would sit still and listen for hours (a rare thing). The other books in this series are great as well! Glad to hear that you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a young lady who would love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to try to find this one for my niece. She's only 1 but heck I think I'll buy her and MYSELF one now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a very grown-up friend who loves this book and has it by her bedside table. I think it sounds really fun, and might make a great potential gift for a certain young girl I know!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.