Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - Instruments of Darkness; Imogen Robertson


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating! Want to participate? Post your own WOW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine. Here is my pick which was actually released (2) weeks ago:




Pamela Dorman Books (February 17, 2011)
(on my wishlist - just learned of this one)
Daphne du Maurier meets CSI in this exhilarating debut Thornleigh Hall, seat of the Earl of Sussex, dominates its surroundings. Its heir is missing, and the once vigorous family is reduced to a cripple, his whore and his alcoholic second son, but its power endures. Impulsive Harriet Westerman has felt the Hall's menace long before she happens upon a dead man bearing the Thornleigh arms. The grim discovery cries out for justice, and she persuades reclusive anatomist Gabriel Crowther to her cause, much against his better judgment; he knows a dark path lies before those who stray from society's expectations. That same day, Alexander Adams is killed in a London music shop, leaving his young children orphaned. His death will lead back to Sussex, and an explosive secret that has already destroyed one family and threatens many others.

21 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring this book! The premise sounds interesting! Instruments of Darkness seems like a good mystery novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an atmospheric looking cover! And it sounds like the inside lives up to that promise too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love these covers with the iron gates. Set in Sussex too, that's home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daphne du Maurier meets CSI? you had me right there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good. So much intrigue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm.. sounds good. I hadn't heard of it, but now I have to add it to my Wishlist. Great Pick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Instruments of Darkness has been out in the UK for about a year now - you've just reminded me that I should actually read the copy I have!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That does sound interesting and I love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm intrigued...and I love the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, I think I will be reading this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great choice. Here is mine. http://bookskidsanimalsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. This does sound good and that cover is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Since I love Du Maurier and CSI, this one sounds like a must-read.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, this one sounds interesting. I haven't heard of it either!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks and sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds quite promising, Diane, and the cover is enticing!

    I'm waiting for the sequel to Shanghai Girls by Lisa See, Dreams of Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this cover caught my eye, I will have to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You had me at Daphne du Maurier - didn't even have to read the rest of it. I want!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am sold by the cover and title. It looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Daphne du Maurier meets CSI -- I'm sold!! Plus, the cover is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Holy mother of pearl...how did I miss this one! Now I'm eagerly anticipating this one, too! Du Maurier and CSI sound like a winner to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.