Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday ~ The First Day of the Rest of My Life; Cathy Lamb

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating! Want to participate? Post your own WOW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine. This week's pick is an author I've enjoyed in the past. Her 2010 novel Such a Pretty Face, was one I liked a lot. Here is some info about her summer of 2011 book: 

(Summer - 2011)

The Gunshot Anniversary is coming up. Those six gunshots have echoed throughout my entire life. They grabbed everyone’s attention in the courthouse pretty darn quick, too. Bang, bang, bang! There was the expected cacophony of panic with people screaming and diving to the floor, attorneys scattering, the jury ducking, reporters squawking, photographers scrambling for a photo, and the Sheriff barreling towards the gunman. Or, more properly should I say, the gunwoman. The gunwoman was my momma. Marie Elise O’Shea was a well dressed shooter. She wore her light pink dress with embroidered white daisies circling the trim, matching cotton candy pink heels, red lipstick, liquid black liner that tilted up at the corners, and a yellow ribbon holding back her thick black hair. “Yellow means there’s still hope in this pickled, wrinkled, warped world, sugar,” she’d told me. “Yellow means there’s a new tomorrow scootin’ around the corner, you just wait.”

11 comments:

  1. Oh, this book does sound rather interesting, and the writing just captivates me. I am going to have to keep my eyes open for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, this sounds SO good! It gave me a chill reading that synopsis...

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this author, too...good to know about her latest. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This book sounds interesting. Will have to check it out.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/03/waiting-on-wednesday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I will definitely add this to my list. I wanted to read Such a Pretty Face last year, but didn't get the chance to.

    BTW, I like your new look! Reading blog posts via Google Reader is convenient, but the downside is I miss seeing actual blogs. Which may mean missing out on seeing new designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently finished Such A Pretty Face so I will be on the look out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great pick Diane!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good read...nice tease!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd definitely like to read this one. What a pretty cover too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and double thanks for any comments. If you ask a question in your comments, I will try to reply to it here, or by email if your settings allow me to do so. Thanks again for visiting.