I'm feeling a bit cranky lately, so I thought maybe if I vented about some of the things that IRK me, I'd feel better. And, maybe if this post does not BORE you to tears or TICK you off, you'll be kind enough to tell me what you think.
- At the top of my list is blog tours. Is it just me, or does anyone else get very tired of going through their "reader" and finding (20) reviews for the very same book? I understand the reason, but there seems to be so many tours lately, and new requests all the time: when a new book is released; when it comes out again in trade softcover. Sometimes, it makes me NOT want to read the book, and just stick to the older books on my shelves, that no one has blogged about lately. What do think?
- Cheap people - I understand that money can be tight at times for all of us, but some people are takers, 99.9% of the time, and that just isn't right. the people who complain that they can't afford to donate time or money to charities, yet always seem to have enough money for vacations or are involved in other activities which require a time commitment. Also, people who take without asking.
- Packages jammed into our mailbox - Depending on who is delivering the mail, sometimes our mail person is just too lazy to go the extra step and put packages in the separate package mailbox. So what I get is books jammed into the smaller box, that are impossible to get out without sometimes tearing the wrapper. How about when something says "do not bend", and it's curled in half when the mailbox is stuffed.....yeah, I know, I should really complain to the PO, and not to you.
- Pot Holes - Now, I have your attention, at least if you live in New England. It makes me just a little nervous to drive over a bridge each day when I see craters in the road ahead. I refuse to drive at night unless its absolutely necessary, as if I hit one of those nasty suckers, I may be stuck there all night before someone tows my car out of the hole.
- Politicians: all of them lately - give me a break. Cut the education budgets, cut aid to states, cities and towns, increase local taxes because of the cuts, but make sure those pork barrel line items continue to get approved year, after year, after year. (Republican, Democrat, Tea Partier - I see little difference).
Whew....that's it for today, I feel better already!
Thanks for listening