August was a month to remember on the East Coast!
Wondering just what September has in store?
I have mixed feelings as we move into September, and wave the warmer weather away. I enjoyed summer, but love the current 75-80 degree temps (no humidity) and 55 degree nights with no AC on. I feel blessed to have survived an earthquake and a
In August I did enjoy watching a variety of birds at our new feeders from my deck, and LOVED having time off from work to enjoy the nice weather (we did have an extra nice summer for the most part).
I had a fun month with the books that I read in August as well. I read (11) books and reviewed (9) so far.
- Mice; Gordon Reece 3.5/5
- Alice Bliss; Laura Harrington - 4.5/5 (review)
- Save Me; Lisa Scottoline - 2/5 (audio)
- A Good School; Richard Yates - 4/5
- Fallen; Karin Slaughter - 4/5 (audio)
- A Good Hard Look; Ann Napolitano - 5/5 (review)
- The Lost Daughter; Elena Ferrante - 4.5/5
- Child Wonder; Roy Jacobson - 4.5/5 (review)
- Maine; J. Courtney Sullivan - 4.5/5 (audio)
- Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman; H. Murakami (audio - write review - July read)
- Bel Canto; Ann Patchett (audio - write review - August read)
- Reservation Road; John Burnhan Schwartz (eBook - write review-August read)
- Favorite Fiction Book - A Good Hard Look; Ann Napolitano - 5/5
- Favorite Audio Book - Maine; J. Courtney Sullivan (4.5/5)
- New authors - 6/9- YTD - 57/84
- Review Books - 6/9 -YTD - 39/84
- 5 star books - 1/9 - YTD - 21/84
- 4 star books - 6/9- YTD - 51/84
- 3 star books - 1/9 - YTD - 8/84
- 2 star books - 1/9- YTD - 3/84
~~~~~ Challenge Progress ~~~~~
- 100+ Reading Challenge - 84/100
- Reading From My Shelves Project - 41/50
- Audio Book Challenge - 23/20 - COMPLETED
- eBook Challenge - 8/20
- Europa Challenge - 2/4